Thank you for visiting my digital resume and portfolio. My name is Daniel Buxton and I recently completed a 6-month internship at Weber Shandwick’s St. Louis office where I worked with brands including Anheuser-Busch, FedEx, Monsanto, Electrolux and Pizza Hut, among others. I graduated from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, in December 2016, with concurrent public relations and political science degrees.
To your company, I bring a myriad of experiences and skills I have gained during my three internships and undergraduate studies in the Deep South. I hope you take the time to explore this site to learn more about me. However, in case you are in a hurry here are a few highlights from my Weber Shandwick internship and undergraduate experience.
- • Since August 2016, I have worked at Inner Spark Creative, a full-service advertising and creative agency in Auburn, Alabama, as a Public Relations Intern.
- • In 2015, I contributed to the collection of 211,625 pounds of food for the Food Bank of East Alabama in the 21st annual Beat Bama Food Drive. As the former Vice President of Event Coordination, I am proud to say we beat the University of Alabama in the food fight.
- • While a member of the Auburn University Marching Band, I performed in front of over 92,000 people at the 2014 BCS National Championship in Pasadena, California, at the Rose Bowl.
- • I have taught myself the fundamentals of web design i.e. HTML5 and CCS3. I am also proficient in most Adobe Creative Suite applications and am most adept at using InDesign.
- • For over a year, I have worked as the Communications Assistant for the Auburn University Office of Undergraduate Research where I maintain a website, a Facebook page, create a weekly newsletter delivered to over 800 subscribers, and contribute to the promotion of undergraduate participation in research experiences.
- • Have I mentioned my proclivity to reference the AP Stylebook? During the fall of 2014, I interviewed an Auburn University alumnus who happened to be a retired four-star general and a previous commander of U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM).
Want to learn more about me? Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or drop me a line via email.